Role – Junior BI Developer
Location – Leeds, LS15 with Home working
Salary - £35,000 per annum
A challenging and dynamic opportunity in a small and highly focused team creating and maintaining a bespoke Enterprise Datawarehouse (EDW) hosted in MS Azure SQL Server and accompanying Reporting Suite hosted across SSRS and Tableau. Sourced from several independent Pharmacy2U (P2U) production databases and regularly utilising external third-party sources, P2U’s data is complex and always evolving. The EDW is only three years old but well established and increasingly relied upon. The Junior BI Developer’s role is to work in both the MI and BI world improving P2U utilisation of data and effectiveness of reporting and data access.
- Work alongside Head of BI in the development and maintenance of a rapidly expanding Enterprise Datawarehouse.
- Ensuring and validating accuracy in the existing EDW, improving data quality, querying and indexing.
- Exploring and understanding fields in the prod systems to be added to the EDW.
- Ensuring the ETL and all other routines execute without error while continuously improving performance and reliability.
- Removing all reliance on legacy systems providing modernised and improved products.
- Work alongside Head of Reporting in the development and maintenance of the P2U reporting suite.
- Work collaboratively with MI Developers and Analysts to establish new datasources which are reliable, accurate and satisfy the requirements of stakeholders.
- Collaborate with stake holders and colleagues to ensure reports are efficient and effective both technically and conceptually.
- Ensure accuracy and identify improvements in existing reports.
- Respond to adhoc data requests from colleagues and the Exec.
- Continuous improvement and expansion.
- Identify opportunities to improve the EDW both technically and conceptually.
- Strive to provide the best insight we can into Pharmacy2U performance and outcomes in the smartest and most effective ways possible.
- SQL / T-SQL, and experience using SSMS, SSIS, SSRS and Server Agent
- Familiarity with Visual Studio’s BI stack
- Advanced use of MS Office, particularly Outlook and Excel.
- The ability to take responsibility for a range of datasources, processes and stake holder delivery
- A keen eye for accuracy, a desire to deliver reliability and keep up with a highly motivated team
- Experience of SSAS and Cubes
- Experience of Tableau or a similar visualiser
- Use of APIs and online data sources
- Familiarity with Kimball Dimensional Modelling Techniques and BI modelling guidance.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Applicants must be able to prove they have the Right to Work in the UK
How to apply
If you are interested in this role or would like further information please get in touch via email email@example.comApply now
What we can offer
- Brand new head office at The Springs, first class office environment
- Brand new facility in Bardon, with state of the art automation
- Recently re-furbished pharmacy facility in Leeds, 14
- Contributory pension (discounted insurance Aviva*)
- Employee discount site (access to a great range of discounts on holiday bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending)
- 25% Discount on staff health and beauty purchases
- Social events throughout the year
- Park Life Membership (exclusive offers and discounts for The Springs, Leeds)
- Free onsite parking and refreshments
- Cycle to work scheme
- Long service bonus
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Online Health and Wellbeing Resource
- Discounted Gyms
- Blue Light Card discount